Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CLI Manger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riaanl

Vendor
Feb 17, 2005
ZA
Hey all
Apparently there is a tool out called CLI Manger that works on Nortel products. Has anyone heard of it?

are you talking about Command Line Interface and Device Manager? These are used on the Passport for administration.

John

If I am correct. it is the interface for the passport. The device manager is the gui interface for admin and cli is just the plain old command line interface tool.

the meridian, in current releases use otm and element manager or you can just log into the maint tty.

John

Yes Janaya is correct. CLI Manager is used for the Passport 6400/7400 15000 series Multi Service switches. I have 36 switches (ATM) in our network and I manage them with CLI Manager. Makes my life much easier.

Thanks Guys
I was also told to use it on the passports. They guy wasn't sure if it will work on the meridian's. I do use OTM and element manager on site here but some sites of mine does not have it - so it is back to the CLI - reminds me of the dos days hey......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back