Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CLI command for savegroup completion 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claassen

IS-IT--Management
Sep 25, 2002
DE
Hi Gang!

I have a simple question about the savegroup notification.
I need the CLI Command to get the Savegroup Completion per cmd Console.
So it has to be the same Output, that NetWorker send me by mail as savegroup notification.

Is there a way to get these info via command line, like an mminfo command or so......

Hope you can help me!

TIA
Olaf

man nsradmin

#nsradmin

nsradmin>

show completion
print type:nsr group

Cheers.

Thanx for your reply, but I don`t need the solution over the nsradmin gui.

My collegue said, there is a way to get these information directly in one command Line. We need this CLI Command for our Systemmanagement.

Regards
Olaf

did you try it?

nsradmin is not GUI, it is the CLI interface, the gui is nwadmin. nsradmin can be scripted as:

cli.sh:
----------
#!/bin/bash
nsradmin <<<END
show completion
print type:nsr group
END

then:
cls.sh > result.txt

Never done that but you should be able to just modify the savegroup completion notification to
- send it as mail
- log to a file or
- echo it to the screen

In general. NW does not care where to send the data once he has fetched it from STDOUT.

Try these commands:

For successfull backups with in the past 24 hours:
mminfo -a -r "client, name, group, savetime(22), totalsize, nfiles, ssid" -q "not incomplete" -t "24 hours ago"

For unsuccessfull backups with in the past 24 hours
mminfo -a -r "client, name, group, savetime(22), totalsize, nfiles, ssid" -q "incomplete" -t "24 hours ago"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back