Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

clearing the "RUN" box

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxfaj

MIS
Aug 8, 2001
US
can anyone please tell me how to clear the RUN box in WINDOWS 2000 professional via registry. I know how to do it by going thru settings taskbar ,advance ....clear but not thru the registry.. I thank you in advance.

I dont know of a way to clear it via the registry but I know that in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RunMRU
everything typed into the Run box is stored there. Removing all those items will not clear out the run box though. You may be stuck using the Windows way. James Collins
Field Service Engineer
A+, MCP

email: butchrecon@skyenet.net

Please let us (Tek-tips members) know if the solutions we provide are helpful to you. Not only do they help you but they may help others.

Glad to be of assistance. James Collins
Field Service Engineer
A+, MCP

email: butchrecon@skyenet.net

Please let us (Tek-tips members) know if the solutions we provide are helpful to you. Not only do they help you but they may help others.

Start->Settings->Taskbar & Start Menu
Select the "Advanced" tab
Click the "Clear" button

How about clearing the run box but you do it through group policy? I did it once but I can't find the place to clear the run box in the policy.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back