Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clearing "locked" agents

Status
Not open for further replies.

ETSI

MIS
Apr 3, 2003
GB
We have a system where the operator logs on as an agent at a local phone/work station and is recognised as being available by the CTI server. Clearly, the operator is also logged into the Definity system.

If, then, the CTI or workstation software falls over, the operator/agent appears to become locked into the Definity. If I reboot the switch, the user is cleared but there must be at least a way to do this from a remote telephone and, I guess, from the console.

We are currently experimenting with a new workstation software and, each time it goes to "debug" mode it effectively falls over and locks the logged-on agent.

Information, please?

Thanks and best wishes, Derek.

Try busying out the station the agent is locket at Please let me know if the information that was provided is helpfull.
Edwin Plat
A.K.A. Europe

OK. I'm not sure what you mean by "busying out". When the workstation falls over (well, the software) I "list agent-logonID" on the switch console and it shows the agent as still being logged on at that extension. When the software starts up again, it refuses to allow the any agent to log on at that extension again.

I need to know how I should clear the agent from being logged on to that extension. I know I can do it with a series of button pushes at the telephone (*96 or something - that one doesn't work, of course) or as a command at the switch console.

Thanks.

Check your feature-access-codes (disp fea) and find the page with all of the Automatic Call Distributation Features (page 5 for r11). Look for the assigned FAC for Remote Logout of Agent. Enter that FAC, followed by the agent ID, to log an agent off from a station other than the one they are logged onto.

Note: This will not work if the station that you use has already been logged in under another agent ID. Susan
Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer. - Mark Twain

Susan,

Many thanks, this has solved it for me. In fact (for future readers) on my switch there were only five pages and the fourth offered the ACD feature. The code I required was Agant Logout Code and it worked a treat (*09 for me).

Thanks, too, Edwin for your prompt reply which gives one confidence of a successful outcome!

Best wishes,
Derek.

Just for reference Derek, you could also do as Europe mentions, using the command "busy station xxxx". This puts the station into maintainance busy and then you release it by using "rel station xxxx". This in effect resets the station and logs out any agent on it. John
ski_69@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back