Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clearing Outstanding Events after 9.5 sp1 upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

hackinthebox

Technical User
Oct 14, 2004
ZA
Hi All,

I recently upgraded from 9.2 sp1 to 9.5 sp1 using the clean install method and everything seems to be working but I am unable to purge scheduled events. There are currently 23925096 events that are not being cleared when I click purge.

The node event processor has 2664851 events which can also not be cleared. OT have been looking into this problem for nearly 3 weeks and have been unable to provide a solution. Has anyone else experienced the same problem on their system after an upgrade to 9.5 sp1?

Regards,
Greg

Are there like bulkloading activities.If so I would put a special patch that can exclude certain folderids and their children(reason for those events)
also see if people have set system wide interests and ask them not to do it.they should ideally be concentrating on specific or in that page that has "me","my" or "I" in them.These re just a few things that can help manage your notifications to a good manageable level.

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937

Hi Appnair,

Do you think upgrading the audit events could have caused this problem? I never tested the upgrade of the audit events to the new format and our test system never had this problem.

Regards,
Greg

I would like to think not because all that upgrade is making sure the old schema daudit and the new schema dauditnew are converted.I would ceratinly look at these events in a sql tool and see if you can clean out a lot
of old stuf that nobody cares anyways.The problem is every time some activity is going on the events table is populated and livelink uses a huge unionized query trying to figure out
a)Did somebody have a use for this event

In that when the rows are returned (I think there is a gulp size of about 1000 or so) the code is trying to clean up and is going really slow or unresponsive.

Try in OT to get "Mark Simm" at OT to look at it.He would definitely be the best person who can help you.We did have a lot of notifications/agents when we upgarded and Mark was very helpful,he undesrtands the mechanism and will get you going in no time.

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937

Execute the following SQL Queries on the migrated database:

Delete from ElinkSubscription where NotifyEvents_EventID >= '6' and ObjectID is Null
Delete from NotifyInterests2 where UserID >= '1001'

Then purge the outstanding events and you should take care of most of them.

Another thing to do is to reset everyone's e-mail password to a dummy password, set the system to purge the events once they have been notified, and then let the system go ahead and send out the notifications since they will now go to a dummy email address. Once everything gets cleared out, yoou can then go in and have everyone reset their e-mail address back (or let it reset itself through a directory services re-synchronization)

Hi Appnair, Digene,

Thank you for replying:) I am not allowed to speak directly to OT our global support office are the only people that can so we log tickets with them and they log tickets with OT. We don't have Elink installed so I will try the Delete from NotifyInterests2 where UserID >= '1001'
statement. Will the statement above delete all notification interests on our system?

Regards,
Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back