Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clearing out Duplicate Licenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

legalaction

IS-IT--Management
Jul 26, 2002
US
I am having a few problems with my Citrix connection. The first is our remote users are unable to map all network drives written in the login script. It appear we are getting a 8901 error. I also found out some of our users are using more than one Netware 6 license which may be the reason for erroring a 8901. We have 100 licenses which is enough to cover all our users but the number of users who are using more than one license is about 30. Is there a way to clear the duplicates out. Also when I generate a licensing service report the number of license installed jumped from about 75 to 100 as well as the number of licenses used . Does the server issues licenses on a as needed basis? Now the maximum number of licenses being used is over 100 users. What can I do to solve this problem. When I look into my licensing policies from NWAdmin it says the default number of days to check for duplicate licenses is 24 days. Is this correct.

Any help would be appreciated.

This problem has a myriad of possibilities.

It is possible that your Citrix server is not "releasing" sessions properly with the Netware Server. Since Citrix has not told Netware that the user on that session has not logged out, Netware keeps it open (as it should). Then when the user starts another session in Citrix or otheriwse, Netware simply opens up another session. There are too many variables to narrow it down too far. Check to see if you have lots of profiles on the Citrix server pointing to the same person, and you can also check to see what IP address all the duplicate connections are making. You can clear truly dead connections on a Netware in a number of ways as well, if that is where the problem is. The 8901 errors are likely unrelated to this licensing issue, unless it happens because licenses have run out on the server being mapped.

Sean

If your running SP2 on NW6 that may be the issue. copy nlslsp from the CD or the sp2 backup directory that contains the older nlslsp.nlm then unload nlslsp it will reload by default in 10 seconds.

This should clear those unwanted connections which will occur because of licenseing changes to nw6, I think the changes are good but not good for places that have employee churn. Jeff

whoops, forgot to mention the duplicates s/b cleared out with imanage license util. Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back