Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

clearing or flusing DIR_CACHE in DB2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpotucek

Technical User
Jan 26, 2005
US
We are running DB2 Connect Version v8.1.7.445

DB2 Connect is our passthru for the Distributed world to be able to talk to the mainframe databases.

We make infrequent changes to what Mainframe Databases are cataloged in DB2 Connect but when we do, we need the changes to be immediate.

What I have found is that we have DIR_CACHE=YES in our dbm config
so when I make catalog entry changes in the DB2 Configuration assistant, they do not take effect until I restart the DB2 Service. Since this is a Production box, I am looking for a command that will flush the DIR_Cache without having to cycle the DB2 Service.!!! Can anyone help? .

All I found on this link was this:

"When Freed:
When an the application process terminates, the application directory cache is freed
When a database manager instance is stopped (db2stop), the server directory cache is freed. "

so i guess what that means is evertime you catalog something new in DB2 Connect, you NEED to stop and start the Database Manager Instance on DB2 Connect. Not what I wanted to hear :)

What we have done is not added something new but changed some of the existing entries moved a couple of nodes to different systems and databases to different nodes.. I would have thought that with these types of changes that I would either have to flush DIR_Cache or Stop\Start DB2?

I missed that second link :)

That helps alot!! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back