Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clearing DS1 Logs 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMiyake

IS-IT--Management
Feb 6, 2002
US
When we were on release 6, I used to be able to run the command “clear measurements ds1 log 01a14” (where 01a14 is the location of our TN464GP PRI card). We’re now on release 10. I tried to run the command yesterday after an SBC tech finished running intrusive testing on the line, but I either don’t have access to it anymore or the command changed. Does anyone know if they changed the command in release 10?

Thanks,

Tom

The command is the same, most likey Avaya screwed up your permissions during the upgrade, or you had prior access to maintenance permissions you had not paid for. In any case, clear measurements ds1 log <board location> is the correct command for V10 and 11, as well as prior releases.

Thanks. I was affraid of that.

Tom

This is going to seem terribly stupid. What is proper usage of that command? When would I use it?

If you want to see the summary of any errors on your any of your DS1 boards in the last 24 hours, you would use this command (01a14 would be replaced with the location of your boards):
List measurements ds1 summary 01a14
If you want to see the detailed log (measured in 15 minute increments), you would use this command:
List measurements ds1 log 01a14
If you fixed a problem, or wanted to use a loop back adapter on the DS1 for testing, you would want to clear the 24 hour count so you can know the stats from that exact moment. Then you would use this command:
clear measurements ds1 log 01a14

Hope this helps,

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back