Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CLEARING ALARM ON ATT

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalasace

Technical User
Jul 12, 2003
US
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO CLEAR THE ALARM LIGHT ON THE ATT PHONE?

The alarm light is on because their is an alarm in your switch. When it is resolved the light will go out on the attendant console.

Mike Jones
LSUHSC

Login into the pbx and do "display alarms" and hit the enter key and see what is alarming. If u have maintenance on the pbx, call your provider and have them dial in and see what it is.

they wernt able to log in remotely so some at the office tried to shut down to reset the internal modem!! the alarms came from that, the system should be ok, but I do have a damin login, I know where to look to display the alarms, I wasnt sure where to go to "fix" or clear them to make the light go out??

do I have to run a test for each alarm to clear? where can how can I find out which test goes with each alarm??

Run this command. test alarms l cl

If the problems have been resolved in your switch this will clear the alarms out. Look at "disp ala" and make sure alarms are gone.

Mike Jones
LSUHSC

Or another way you can do this is to perform a warm reboot. This will will not distrupt any active calls. This will clear any active alarms. However. If there is a problem the alarm will reappear after it is tested my the maintenance software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back