Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ClearFly SIP Trunks on MCD 3300

Status
Not open for further replies.

djones92

Vendor
Jul 22, 2010
US
I have a customer with an MCD Version 7.2 and we are attempting to configure Clearfly SIP Trunks. Both Mitel and Clearfly do not have any documentation on this setup. I am looking to see if anyone has this setup and working. Currently my SIP Peer is out of service and Clearfly indicates I have not attempted to register with them. Any help on this would be great.

David

Is this a new install or was this a working configuration that stopped working? What is your hardware configuration?: MBG? Using a router? Are you new at SIP?

Keep in mind that Mitel provides instuctions for configuring compatible SIP providers at it's SIP Center of Excellence.

This is a new setup for the SIP. I am not new to SIP. Clearfly is not currently supported by Mitel, so there is no documentation. I am not going through an MBG for this. The host PBX is passing through a watchguard firewall. The SIP trunks should require registration with the SIP trunk provider. The SIP trunk provider is indicating that they are not seeing anything hit their gateway from us. The customer ensures me they are not blocking SIP port 5060.

I solved the problem. I needed to SIP Registrar IP information. It was not sending the registration request without that IP address. Comparing this to other configs it did not look like it needed this info to work properly. But since I added this it is now functioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back