Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clear time after caller disconnect analogue line Option 11c

Status
Not open for further replies.

poza

IS-IT--Management
Sep 13, 2002
GB
Hiya,

We currently have a workaround whilst waiting to get voicemail configured properly on our Option 11c whereby one analogue DN has a telephone/answering machine (BT Synergy 2150) attached. This is basically the line staff use to call in if they can't make it to work, and leave messages if its out of normal business hour,or whatever.....

The phone generally works fine, but if a caller cancels after the answering machine has picked up, there is a clearance time of about 2.5 minutes (during which time the phone is engaged).

When I've tried to reproduce this, I can hear the phone repeating the "the other person has cleared" message.
I have reproduced this on other analogue lines by and hear the same message and its the same length of time before the line clears - so I don't think its the phone causing this.

Also, I have attached the phone to a direct line out (doesn't go via switch at all) and the clearance is instant.
As we tend to have many people calling in over weekends, etc - the time the phone is engaged means we're not always warned of absences, etc - causing a major headache for our HR people!

Does anyone know where I can change this to cancel at the DN as soon as the caller cancels on the switch?

Cheers,
Paul

Try looking at the Called Party Disconnect Control in NTP Software Features Guide Book 1.
Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back