Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clear the Screen when launching the 'Build Application'

Status
Not open for further replies.

salimwng

IS-IT--Management
Mar 11, 2002
MU
Hello,

I would like to know if it's possible to add a code in VB.Net so that when i click the 'Build' button, the screen is clear ( same as DOS prompt cls command ) and then my forms appear.

I have setup a splash screen also. But my objective is to get a black colour background first, then my splash screen second and finally my Main form to appear.

Please tell me how to do that.

Thank you
Salim

You want your desktop to disapear??

Christiaan Baes
Belgium

If you want to get an answer read this FAQ faq796-2540
There's no such thing as a winnable war - Sting

No, it's not the desktop that i want to disappear. What i am looking for is that, when i launch my application ( the Filename.exe ), if i have windows explorer at the back running, i want the screen to have a background back color first, so that my splash screen appear properly, and then my window forms to appear. To recap;

1. I double clicked on the EXE file.
2. The background color gets black ( same as a dos cls command )
3. After 2 seconds my splash screen appear.
4. Then my window forms appear, just after the splash screen.

Do you think this can be done ?

Thank you

basic code for a splash screen (which I borrowed from somewhere)

Code:
Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, _
             	yVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

Me.Hide()
Dim frmSplash As New Form2
frmSplash.Show()
frmSplash.Update()
Thread.Sleep(5000)
frmSplash.Close()
Me.Visible = True
End Sub

to do the background bit make the splash form a maximized form with backcolor black

to do the splash form on top of the black form you could make a centred picture box visible after two seconds.

actually since you've got a black maximixed form as the base you could probably do some jazzy effects to introduce your application.

Hi Jubble,

Thanks for replying.

I will try that and advise you soon.

Many thanks for the help.
God Bless you.
Salim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back