Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cleaning user mailboxes that hasnot be accessed long time

Status
Not open for further replies.

obeh

Programmer
Jun 25, 2003
RU
Good time of a day for all!
I have 2 questions:

1) How can i find all users, that did not access their mailboxes since some date (for ex. after 1st of September in this year) by standart tools of IMS?
(it's needful to say that mail store was scanned by different ways, so access time of all mailboxes is current, i think)

2) How can i clear their mailboxes? Or even so: can i find and clear that folders by some tools of IMS?
(Can i simply do cd ../=user/XX/YY/=username/INBOX;rm -r * ?)

Thank you for for any reply!
[Upd:]
For example, active imap user, that is often checks his mail and is currently using his account, store his messages on server. And if i,administrator, tune aging policy to delete ALL messages that older then 90 day, this will delete also those messages, that are just being stored on server by active users.

But i want to delete only all messages for inactive accounts, for users, that are already long time not using their accounts and are not checking their mail since 1st September.

Thats a problem - how to find all users that are inactie since 1st of September, for ex.

but i begin to think, its impossible
may be, access time of files store.idx or store.usr shows the last time user login to check mail ???

there are a lot of users managing by my MailServer[more than 1000], so i cann't scan and clear mail store manualy

If all your users IMAP their mail you could do an ldapsearch of everyone on the system then minus the names from anyone that logged on since September by performing a less on the IMAP log and grepping it. Once you have your list, you can remove those accounts. Note however, if they are forwarding their email there will be no logins for them in the IMAP log.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back