Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cleaning Tape 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

leftout

Technical User
Nov 29, 2002
US
I have a new install using Simpana 8 and a Scalar 50 library. I have a bar code sheet for 200 tapes. None on the sheet are marked CLN. I have purchased a cleaning tape and would like to label it with a bar code and identify it as a cleaning tape. I see where in "media by groups" "cleaning tapes" there is a tab for a bar code but where do I define the particular bar code as a cleaning tape. Make sense?

Easy way, mark down the label number that you put on the cleaning tape, I just use a regular label (I tried the cleaning labels with the CLN and commvault did not like them, I just made a note of what labels I use for cleaning 1-50 at all sites), import the tape, locate the tape in Commvault, should be under default scratch at this point. Right click on the tape and choose move, select cleaning media pool from the top drop down and then cleaning media in the bottom, click ok and answer yes to the move question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back