Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cleaner site

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgaetos

IS-IT--Management
Jun 14, 2006
US
I don't know if this is the right forum to post this in, but here's what I have. I just completed developing richardson.parocys.org and would like to clean it up a litte. Clean up meaning, I would like better transistions between pages on my site. As it stands, when you click to different pages the screen "flashes" as if i'm entering a new website. Any tips on a smoother transistion?

The reason your transition looks sloppy is becuase the site is quite image intensive, especialy that navigation, it's a killer using images to replace text, both on loading times, accessibility and Search engine Optimization.

Try looking into using HTML and CSS on that navigation and you'll be much better off.

Then look at the rest of the site and see where you can save on images and use css style alternatives.

Rob

I understand where you are coming from. There are a lot of images on my site. That is why I was thinking of having an image preload page at the beginning. I have never worked with CSS, so I will look into that. I just got the site up so I want to keep it up until I figure out a cleaner why of doing things. But for right now, would having the image preload page help out on the page transitioning?

Having an image pre-loader may help with laoding times between pages, but it probably isn't worth it.

The site does'nt really strike me as being that slow.

Spend a little time researching and re-working the page template with CSS and cutting down those images, that'll help.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back