Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ClassFormatError during compiling jsp

Status
Not open for further replies.

cymbi

Programmer
Oct 6, 2003
KR
i'm using weblogic server 8.1
in my web application, i maded jsp page, and tested it. but my jsp page is not compiled.
while i try to restart weblogic server, i met an error like this.

is anyone give an advise?
help...

---error message -----------------------------------------
<Error> <HTTP> <APPS.ez-drive.co.kr> <myserver> <ExecuteThread: '12' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default'> <<WLS Kernel>> <> <BEA-101019> <[ServletContext(id=23195694,name=DefaultWebApp,context-path=)] Servlet failed with IOException
weblogic.servlet.jsp.CompilationException: Compilation of /opt/bea/user_projects/domains/myDomain/./myserver/.wlnotdelete/extract/myserver_DefaultWebApp_DefaultWebApp/jsp_servlet/__test.java failed.Error occurred during initialization of VM
java/lang/ClassFormatError: Unknown constant tag in .class file

at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspStub.compilePage(JspStub.java:449)
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspStub.prepareServlet(JspStub.java:223)
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspStub.prepareServlet(JspStub.java:172)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.getServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:518)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:362)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:305)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:6350)
at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:317)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:118)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServletContext.java:3635)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.java:2585)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:197)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:170)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Compiler failed executable.exec
at weblogic.utils.compiler.CompilerInvoker.compileMaybeExit(CompilerInvoker.java:470)
at weblogic.utils.compiler.CompilerInvoker.compile(CompilerInvoker.java:329)
at weblogic.utils.compiler.CompilerInvoker.compile(CompilerInvoker.java:337)
at weblogic.utils.compiler.CompilerInvoker.compile(CompilerInvoker.java:322)
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspStub.compilePage(JspStub.java:422)
... 12 more

Sounds like you are trying to utilize a custom tag called constant that you are referring to incorrectly in the jsp page?

-jay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back