Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Class use

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMCmtg

Programmer
Mar 27, 2000
US
Hi all: Learning curve is sometimes a "cliff" as vs a steep hill. . .I built many forms etc. over the months using the base tool bar and did not build them using a custom class (with all the inheritances of a class) till on into the game. Now I have many forms that have both!

My question is: Is there a way I could "Like Display Characteristics/Structure of all the objects of a given form. . ." or something similar, whereby I could print out this, and I could go back and see the baseclass objects that neeed to be changed to "MyClass objects". . .

Your feedback would be deeply appreciated.

THX

Bill

Bill-

Would SCCText.Prg furnished with VFP 7.0 help?

Routines for creating text (.prg) representations of .SCX, .VCX,.MNX, .FRX, and .LBX files.

Jack

If you've got a real large number of such things, I'd just write your own program to change them, unless someone else here comes along and gives you their version first. It shouldn't be that hard. You'd just need to search the appropriate fields of the forms, etc., and change the parent class, etc. appropriately. It sounds as though you've already done this some by hand. You just need to automate it and then (after backup and testing), let her rip! You could set it up so you'd have to select each file to be modified, or you could just figure out where you want to start and use,

Code:
adir(myArray, '*.scx', D, 1)

to create an array of all the appropriate files. Then you can loop through them and change to the proper library and class. Dave Dardinger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back