Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Class property collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kraeg

Programmer
Jun 27, 2002
AU
In Access (97; that's what I'm stuck working in in regards to this) I've got a Class Module defining an output file class. Properties include path of output file and its name.
To write to the output file I call the Output method of the class, which accepts a bunch of values, then writes them to the file.

What I am trying to do is have it so the items are added to the class instance (say, to the OutputLine property of which the class will contain any number of), but not written to the file until a Save method is called (when the class instance itself will for...each through the OutputLine collection writing them to the file.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Just a few terms or something is all I am after so I can then look into it myself (have had no luck doing searches), or even some sample code I can analyse to see how it works.

Access 97, that almost pre-dates the GoF. Does VBA that old have the concept of collections?

Steve

[small]"Every program can be reduced by one instruction, and every program has at least one bug. Therefore, any program can be reduced to one instruction which doesn't work." (Object::perlDesignPatterns)[/small]

If I had any choice I wouldn't be working in Access 97 (or any other version of Access, except maybe as a backend). It does handle collections though (I've contemplated resorting to writing each line to a temporary table then exporting it, but I'd rather avoid that).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back