Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Class Of Service Busy no answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ulforv

Technical User
Apr 13, 2010
SE
Hi. If i have an extention that is free and I transfer a call to that ext and the user dont answer so that the call returns to me, in this case i can se in my display that the calls that is comming back is beacauce there was no anser on ext xxx. this works fine.

but if I que a call to a busy ext and the call is not answerd so that it will return to my, I see no information in the display. I guess this is a class of Service, but wich?

Hopefully someone understand my questions?

Regards UO

The difference is that when you send a call to a busy phone, it's a campon. A campon recall will lose it's information. Better thing to do here is add a second line to the phone. If the line is busy it will forward up the the second line. If the user doesn't answer it will then recall like you want.

Ralph

Hi, thanks for your answer.

If I do like that, the calls that returns to the transfering part looks like no answer, correct? that information is useful.

But if I set up the phone like that i cant get a busy tone on external calls to that extention i guess, or can I?

What I want is: Calls directly to the extention done from a external dailer, in this case I would like to send a busy tone.

If i get a call to a switchboard the should be able to campoon to busy extentions,

The information that I´d would like the switchboard to recieve is:

If a call returns to the switchboard they should be able to see from wich extentions the returna call arrives from.

Hope I done my english pretty ok :)

Regards UO

What I want is: Calls directly to the extention done from a external dailer, in this case I would like to send a busy tone."

If you want the external caller to get a busy tone, in the COS (I admit I can't remember if it's the COS of the trunk or the phone.) blank out the auto campon timer. It should be blank and not 0. In this case you would not program up a second line for the phone. The console would hear the busy also but it still should be able to release the call to the busy tone and the caller would then campon.

Ralph

What is the setting of the COS option:

"Display Transfer Destination on Recall"

Select "Yes" to display the call transfer destination name (and number if available and if space on the display permits) when a recall of an unsupervised transfer occurs. The default (No), displays "RINGING YOU BACK" on the recalled extension.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

If I read this it looks like a similar problem that I have. See thread1329-1584530. maybe that can help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back