Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Class Not Registered 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweta

Programmer
Apr 1, 2003
IN
Hi there,

I've made an application for sending mails. It references msado15.dll and cdoex.dll.
This Application needs to be installed on a 98 box.

My problem is the application works fine with XP and 2000 boxes. But it doesn't work on SOME
98 PCS.On some 98 machines cdoex.dll and msado15.dll couldn't be registered and when I try to
send mails I get an error : class not registered.

What could be the reason that on some 98 PCs these dlls could be registered whereas on some I got
an error: load library failed.

Will running service packs to upgrade the PCs help or is there some other way of doing it.

Thanks,
Sweta

You can try manually registering the dlls with regsvr32.exe.

In the start / run combobox type ...

regsvr32.exe cdoex.dll

after it is finished then do the other file ...

regsvr32.exe msado15.dll

For this to work, these files should be located in the windows system directory.

Thanks for your reply, I tried doing it but unfortunately it didn't work. The error was Load library failed even when the dlls were present in the windows system directory.

please suggest some other fix.

Thanks,
Sweta

As far as I was aware cdoex can only be directly installed and used on a computer where Exchange has been installed.

In fact, here's a note from the deployment criteria:

Server Platform Requirements: CDOEX must be run on a computer running Exchange 2000 Server or Exchange Server 2003. CDOEXM must have access to Active Directory for locating and modifying user data stored there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back