Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Class file

Status
Not open for further replies.

letsgotovegas

Programmer
Feb 3, 2005
US
Hi Folks
I have created a class file clsForms.vcx. VFP8 tells me this file is invalid and then tells me it is not an object file. I did add new class from the dropdown tab classes. Named my class, based off a form then named my file clsForms.vcx.
I did not see anywhere to compile it or does it need compiling? But in any case VFP8 will not let me use classes. I have had to of done smething wrong. But what. What more does vfp want. I have a set path statment and a set library statment. Any help will help and to much help is a good thing.

Kind Regards
John

To much of a good thing - is a good thing!

Hi Chris
I have done it both ways and vfp tells me that my vcx file is not an object file. Right now my file has 2 classes in it. One was created your way, the other one was created the way I described in my post. But VFP is still telling me the file is not an object file when it hits the line of code that says "Set Library To clsForms.vcx" command. I have tried it with and without the .vcx attached to the file name. VFP just says that it is not an object file???
Any help will help and to much help is a good thing.

Kind Regards
John

Code:
[COLOR=blue]SET CLASSLIB TO classes\toolbars ADDITIVE[/color]
indicates the folder 'classes' to be a subfolder of the current folder.

'LIBRARY' applies to API library files or procedure files, not Class libraries

FAQ184-2483 - answering getting answered.​
Chris [pc2]
PDFcommander[sup]tm[/sup].net
PDFcommander[sup]tm[/sup].co.uk

Thanks Chris. That fixed it.

Kind Regards
John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back