Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CLASS CHANGED FOR CUSTOMER BY USERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

swabunn

Technical User
Jan 25, 2006
CA
In our compnay some users without realizing the impact last year has changed customer class back and forth and enter transactions. Each account has separate GL accounts and purpose like regular AR and Inter division customers.

Is there any way to check class for each transaction posted in AR in database

Thanks for help

-swabunn

Unfortunately not. Not even the subledger keeps class information on sop documents.

you could search customer against GL code though and correlate that back the class they're "supposed" to belong to and do a manual search after that.

-----------
and they wonder why they call it Great Pains!

jaz

This would not help you for this issue now, but it would for the future. There is a product at Rockton Software called Auditor. It does keep the original information on the fields you setup to audited.

The webpage for Auditor is
If this is causing you a headache it is worth checking it out.

Hi tcrm2,

Sorry to ask you this question, but I am little hesitant to use any software without knowing how reliable is the software.
Have you used this before and what is its performance.

-swabunn

I have used a number of the Rockton programs - all are priced right and the one time I had a problem they were VERY quick to fix it

our folks REALLY like Smartfill and Auditor has paid dividends a few times

Hi swabunn,

The product is reliable and seamless to the end user. They won't know there is an Audit unless you tell them. It also allows you to archive the audits so you can keep the data from growing and impeding performance.

Mark Rockwell, the CEO at Rockton, is very customer-focused and he stays on top any issues that come up with his software. He states with pride his products are "Rock-Solid". All my customers have been very happy with his development work and his products.

Thanks jymm, I am emailing this thread to Mark, he will appreciate your feedback!

tcrm2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back