Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Class 3 Alarm on MD110

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerdito

Technical User
Aug 23, 2004
IE
Hi all,

I'm getting the following alarm on my MD110:

CLASS: 3

336 LOST DATA FROM/TO INFORMATION COMPUTER SYSTEM
DATE TIME ALP NOIF EQU INF1 INF2
07SEP05 00:57:56 2 2 001-*-**-** 1 90

There doesn't appear to be any impact on users...from ALEX it seems to be something to do with a connected system, I suspect our Octel voicemail. Is this anything to be worried about?

Lost data from/to information computer system

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Description of fault code
An information computer system may be in the form of an interception computer, a voice mail system or other text message system.

The interface between the PABX and the information computer system is supervised with respect to status (fault code 282), quality (fault code 281) and character processing (fault code 298). Data is sent to and from the information system in the form of messages. The messages are supervised to determine whether or not they reach their destination (fault code 336).

ADD INFO 1: Direction and type of lost data.

ADD INFO 1 = 0: A message was not sent from the PABX to the information computer system because the buffer in the PABX was full.
ADD INFO 1 = 1: A network message waiting message was not processed by the PABX due to network congestion.
ADD INFO 1 = 2: A network message waiting message was not processed by the PABX due to RM record congestion.
ADD INFO 2: Information system identity. (Only used for ADDINFO1 = 1 or 2.)

[red]Striker : My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow, we're bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 18:00 hours. We're coming in from the North, below their radar.[/red]
[blue]Elaine : When will you be back?[/blue]
[red]Striker : I can't tell you that? It's classified.[/red]

The Octel sends MW requests to the MD110, it is likely that virtual mailboxes (i.e. mailboxes not matching an extension number in your network) are sending MW to extensions that do not exist. This will raise this alarm. Turn off the "MW activate" for the virtual numbers on the Octel VM, or just put up with the alarm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back