Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clarion to Access 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCJ

Technical User
Feb 24, 2002
AU
I have a program that uses a topspeed database (.TPS), and I would like to be able convert/export it to Microsoft Access.
Can anyone in here tell me what to do?

Where did you find the ccvt.exe ?

I have a *.tsp database that I'm trying to get into MSAccess. I too had never heard of topspeed before trying to get at this old data. The database is fine, but we outsourced its creation years ago and we'd like to move the info into another database.

Help!
Thanks,
bart@acordia.com

I have a program application written in Clarion database. The datafiles have extn DAT file, KOn File, DEF file and Mem file. I do not know anything about Clarion. I would like to create a link from datatables to MS Access 2002 or Excell 2002. The operating system is Windows XP Professional. I have no idea of the fileds in DAT Files. I need the drivers to create the link to data tables.

There are no ODBC drivers available for the Clarion DAT file format. As a result a linked table is not possible. Your only option is ecporting the data to CSV/ASCII.

HTH

Hi again gearhead.
I do not have Clarion. All I have is the application program, supposed to be a Clarion application. I do have MS Office (Word, Excell, Outlook) and Access XP version on Windows XP Professional. I am willing to import the 'dat' and 'K0n' files as Access, Excell or ASCII files. I can then convert the ASCII to Excell or Access. I have read about Topspeed OBDC interface. Can it help me. Where can I get a one time demo of this interface before spending money. What can it do for me? Link to dat files or import dat files.

virdils,
there is no option to import the Clarion DAT files via odbc. Your best bet is to find someone to export the data to ascii for you

HTH

I found Delphi code in interner, with which may to be possible to read clarion dat files

but if somebody make it in access, please write, I see also clarion dat file format available in internet

I need to convert TOPSPEED file to whatever (csv, dbf...) other format that is more widely used. I have Clarion4 (the dictionary for the file was created in this version) but the conversion doesn't work. Moreover, I can't open the file (.tps) from the Database Manager, the response is always "filename" does not exist. Pls help.

I am trying to incorperate WinWord as my Report Generator so that I may intergrate my software with presently used reports from Access. Can any one help me in creating this link.
Thanks Jim
jlryanii@netscape.net

for jlryanii

hi there

try to do printing stuff in winword record it in macro and
use the code in visual basic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back