Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clariion FC 5400 36GB HDD drive Micro Code ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

srinibee

Vendor
Aug 22, 2003
US
Hi folks,

I have typical problem. I have SGI labelled Clariion FC5400 with 36GB FC HDD's in a single LUN RAID3. Recently one of the 36GB HDD started showing "Unsupported". I was in touch with SGI and found out that installing theie RAID 3.3 software will solve the problem. I have done that and found out no improvement in the problem.

When I was going thru their disk_upgrade utility I found out that the disk_upgrade utility only checks for the Seagate 9.1GB hard disk drives. I also found from some of the sites and existing setups that the 36GB FC RAID drives are having a microcode revision of SG02 and SG44.

Can somebody help in getting the drive microcode i.e, SG02.lod,SG02.fdf,SG44.lod and SG44.fdf files.

PLEASE HELP ME TO GET OUT OF THIS PROBLEM!!!!!!!!

regards
Srinivas Bandaru

hi!

what is the Firmware Release loaded of the Controll Processor ? 4.xx 0r 5.xx ? The harddisk must have a Firmware CLA036 bevore you can load another microcode.

The Firmwar of the both ( if you have two inserted ) controll Processor's must have a Firmware 5.xx, otherview are 36 and 73 GB Disk not supported.

Best

Antonio Bongiorno

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back