Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clariion Drive Replacement Part Numbers 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgandalf

IS-IT--Management
May 3, 2007
US
I'm looking to replace a drive in my CX600 but I'm a bit confused about part numbers. My CX currently is filled with part number 118032335 drives with firmware 7A04. I'm looking to buy a replacement but the only part I can find is 005-048128 which is the same drive, as far as I can tell. Would this drive work in my CX600 with all other drives?

Thanks, Mark.

'118' part numbers are usually purchased assemblies like disk drives, tape drives etc
'005' is a normally used to indicate stuff has been added such as rails, firmware, documentation, formatting (520 vs 512 sector).
So, a 118 drive could be just your basic 512 sector, nothing special drive that would work in most servers. Where as the 005 would be configured to work in your Clariion.
While it's possible to make a 118 drive work, you'd be better off to purchase the 005 part number.

Thanks for the info. I just did a navicli getdisk command and found both part numbers associated with each disk:

Clariion Part Number: DG118032335
Clariion TLA Part Number: 005048128

So I guess you're correct.

Thanks, Mark.

Correct, and whenever you wants to replace disk drive you need to check for TLA part number only.

Best Regards,
Mukul D. Bhardwaj

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back