Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clarifacation on agent priorities

Status
Not open for further replies.

glynnmsg

Technical User
Jul 26, 2004
US
I hoping I can get a answer to this question. I have agents that are assigned to SS TEST1 as priority 1, and another ss say TEST2 as a priority 2. MY understanding is the agent should always get the priority 1 call first. So what should happen is if a call comes in for SS TEST1 and the agent is ava they get the call. Now if there are now agents ava. and a call comes in for SS TEST2 and is sitting there waiting, then a call comes in for SS TEST1 The agt comes ava will they get the longest call waiting or the SS test1 call. I hope this all makes sence.

Priority is only to specify which agent logged in and assigned to the skillset gets the call. i.e. Two agents in ss Test1, one has priority 1 the other 2. Call comes in, is queued to Test1 the caller with the higher priority gets the call if both agents are available. In the example you provided the the calls will FIFO (First IN First OUT)Priorities do not span skillsets. Hope this helps. . .

A good way to look at priorities is

Agent priorities come into play when there are agents free

Skillset Priorities come into play when there are calls queueing

DD

i.e. Two agents in ss Test1, one (Agent A)has priority 1 and the other (Agent B) has priority 2. Call comes in, is queued to Test1 the caller with the higher priority gets the call if both agents are available"

Is that meant the caller will talk to Agent A who has priority 1?

When every Agent in the Skillset with priority 1 is occupied, the Agent with priority 2 will get the call. If several with priority 2, then the one with the longest idle time since last call (if that is configured).

And so forth from priority 1 - 48. Remember as stated by DancingDave, that Agent priorities only works when there are several free Agents to choose from. If there is a constant queue and no other free agents, priority 48 will not save me from getting the call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back