Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CLAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

eguander

Technical User
Sep 18, 2003
FR
Hi ,
my name is Raul , I'm from Barcelona ( Spain ), and I'm new here . Sorry for my english that is very bad . I have a question , I want to put the CLAN TN799 in full duplex mode , but I don't know how to do it . Can you help me ?
My system is a DEFINITY G3r .

Regards ,
Raúl .

change ethernet on G3VR10 and higher version

maraxman

maraxman
T-Mobile Czech Republic

The Definity's release is 11 .

Thank you .

Raúl .

disable the board in "chan ip-int"
change ethernet

set to full dupliex 100mb

chan ip-int to re-enable it

BuckWeet

thank you very much for the answer,but I have other problem,in one machine I had the thing you said and no problem,but in the other Definity ,when I put " change ethernet " I can't change the options.I see the firmare and it's the same that the other CLAN.
Excuse me for my english,but do you understand me ?Why it's ocurred ?
Regards.
Raúl.

I have the solution,the TN isn't C or DP class,and it's not possible change the speed mode because isn't supported. The TN799 only supports 10 mbps half mode ,while the TN799C or DP supports 100 Mbps full mode .

However than you for all.

Raul.

no, only the TN799DP supports 100mb, all previous boards only do 10/half..

BuckWeet

no prob

when you have as many different TN codes as avaya has to remember its hard to get specifics sometimes..

Would anyone happen to know the reason why after changing the speed from 10 to 100Mbps, the CLAN card never re-establishes the link to the network? I'm having this issue on my switch. The card works fine at 10/half, but had issues when I change it to 100/full. Switch is MultiVantage R11, CLAN is 799DP. Thanks in advance.

First of all, make sure you have the adapter on the back that is black, and has the db9 connection on it, i can't remember the comcode. You need to verify that you have the Cat5 amphenol leads coming from the backplane...

Make sure you have the lastest firmware on the CLAN and also verify the ethernet switch settings, what kind of ethernet switch is it?

BuckWeet

It's a Cisco 2950 series, and all of the previously mentioned items are in place.

Buckweet, I am having a similiar problem, but the connector isn't a black one. Avaya installed a 259a or something. I have a TN799C, when our Lan gets busy, I mean sending a 1gig broadcast out the clan locks and loses connection with the audix and slows down IP admin. Have you seen this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back