Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CLAN or MAPD

Status
Not open for further replies.

kempriver

Technical User
Sep 16, 2004
CA
For CTI links (Computer Telephony Adjuct Links, ADJLK or ADJ-IP) to third party ACD applications, is the CLAN card sufficient or is a MAPD required. I am curious about this for all Definity configurations.

Thanks in advance.

MAPD is normally required, but it depends on your switch model. We are on v11 G3R however I understand that when you change to the S8700 processor the CLAN can be used. Avaya also has told me that they will not be releasing in upgrades on the Mapd any longer, I believe ours is a version 9.

My research is telling me that I need the Definity LAN Gateway (DLG) application. From what I can tell, this is a standard co-resident Communication Manager application with the S8300, however, it is not provided with any of the other media servers. It is provided through the MAPD. How then, is the DLG provided with the CLAN circuit pack?

It looks like you can configure a C-LAN for DLG, however if you want to use CVLAN is this possible with a C-LAN ?

How do you turn CVLAN on a MAPD ? DLG is only configured at the moment. Is this a chargeable from AVAYA ?

Turning CVLAN on for a MAPD is chargable by Avaya. Not cheap.

kempriver,

there is a thing called definity lan gateway. it's a piece of software that provides interface to the switch. now, this piece of software can be located either on mapd board or co-resident with other software on the processor. this mode is called co-resident dlg and uses c-lan for physical connect to the lan. starting with cm2, co-res dlg can be used with all switch models, including csi and si. note that model r is not supported with cm2 so co-res dlg is not available on the r. there is also a piece of software called cvlan which is in essence a converter from callvisor lan protocol to asai. it can be located either on the mapd board or on the standalone server running windows or linux (with cvlan r9). so there's a conclusion: if you're running pre-cm2 software not on s8300 or s8700, you have to byu mapd, dlg software for the mapd and, optionally if you need it, cvlan software for mapd. if you're running cm2, it is possible to do without mapd and buy co-res dlg licence and c-lan if you don't have one (c-lan can be shared with more than one application, though avaya strongly recommends to have separate boards for different tasks) and optionally cvlan software for windows if you need it.
if you tell what you need in more detail, i'll tell you more exact what hard and soft you should buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back