Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CLAN default gateway problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pauly55

Vendor
Feb 12, 2003
DK
I have a problem where my CLAN's default gateway goes down the CLAN will resolve to another router and use it as its default gateway automatically without it specified in the IP-interfaces
When the original default-gateway comes back the CLAN still uses an undefined Default gateway until I reset and reseat the card

There are no routes assigned
How do I set up the CLAN so it will only ever use the defined default gateway and not defer to another router in the even of an default gateway outage

I have tried adding routes to force it over the default gateway but I still get the problem even when I set the metric to 0

Anyone any sugestions

I believe this is a router issue more than a CLAN issue. The network will try and reroute around a bad router if at all possible. Have the network guys deny the CLAN IP on the other routers, or physically connect to a dedicated port on the router.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back