Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CLAN-BD Err 2817 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Class26

Technical User
Oct 23, 2007
US
We are having an issue with one of our Clans. We recently removed most of our clan boards and are using the Procr for registrations now. But we still have a few in place. One for Ecas, one for Redsky and one for Modular. The board in question is the Modular board.

It keeps showing an error 2817 and some users are unable to get to vmail.

When I do a status link on the ethernet connection I see 2 h.323 phones and 244 IP SIG GRPS & MEDIA GATEWAYS. ( I should clarify most of the 244 are also phones just 16xx phones. )

The phones are all pointed to the Procr but for some reason they seem to load balance to this Clan.

My first question is how would it be possible to stop the load from being shared with this Clan?

Here is the Avaya Tech's response to our issue,

"You currently only have actually *2* IP Phones registered to this CLAN board, but you also have several Signaling Groups as well. The IP address of the board is 172.16.1.xxx, and the gateway is 172.16.1.x. Because this is also assigned to the Node-Name Form as a Gateway and used by other IP Phones, every control message, broadcast, etcetera, going through the IP address is taking up sockets on the CLAN causing congestion.

I would recommend that you Network Team find another Gateway address for this CLAN to use. "

So my second question is does anyone have a better solution to this issue? My network guy says to change the default gateway would mean changing the IP of the clan and putting it into a new Vlan.

*note* - while the avaya tech mentions 2 phones only he means 2 show as h.323 with the rest just showing in the IP sig groups field.

Any help would be appreciated, I have asked the tech for alternative solutions but he will not offer any other ideas.

If you change the 'Allow H.323 Endpoints' field to 'n' it will prevent the stations from registering to it. Note: You must disable the C-LAN board before you can make the change.

Kevin

IP INTERFACES
Type: C-LAN
Slot: 01A02
Code/Suffix: TN799 D
Node Name: CLAN1
IP Address: 10 .77 .xx .xx Subnet Mask:255.255.255.192 Link: 3
Gateway Address: 10 .77 .xx .1
Enable Ethernet Port? y Allow H.323 Endpoints? n Network Region: 1 Allow H.248 Gateways? y
VLAN: n Gatekeeper Priority: 5

Target socket load and Warning level: 400
Receive Buffer TCP Window Size: 8320
ETHERNET OPTIONS
Auto? n
Speed: 100Mbps
Duplex: Full

Thanks for your help. That did stop the phones from registering there. Unfortunately still getting error 2817 on our C-Lan but we will figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back