Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CIW and .pab files convertion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blixa

MIS
Jun 25, 2001
SE
I'm using the Custom Installation Wizard to deploy a beta of Office 2003 in our lab, but this question would be the same if we where using Office XP. And now I have run into one problem:

I want the personal address book to automatically convert the users .pab files to contacts... how can I set this up?

Yes, I have found that option in the CIW "Convert Personal Address book (PAB file) to an Outlook address book" - but I havent found any information on how it works! Do I have to specify the location of the pab file, and if yes - where do I do that? Does this happen the first time a user starts Outlook, or only for the user logged in when outlook installs (they cant really have design it that way, can they?)

Anyone who have done this, or have a good link to this information?

Or is there any nice commandline utilities that does this convertion so I can script it on my own?

Well... Ofcause I know where the .pabs are - but the question was:

How do the CIW find this file?!?!?

I would very much like to automatically convert all my users .pab:s without their interaction!

Thanks, but since I really only am using a MS tool I hope this forum is the proper one to use!

This is the option I have questions about:

Convert Personal Address Book (*.PAB) to an Outlook Address Book

Setting this to checked, if a Personal Address Book is found on the user's computer, forces the conversion of a Personal Address Book to an Outlook Address Book.

How does it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back