Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CitrixEngineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

OliverMc

Technical User
Jul 4, 2003
ZA
Hi CitrixEngineer,

Silly question. Seems we installed Citrix.MetaFrame.1.1.3.0.bff which I'm told is MetaFrame v1.2. I don't fully understand the numbering here. Either way we still have the errors as listed above. What can cause this? All rights seems okay. The package installs okay. Simply won't run.

Thanks
Oliver

You're right - that is the name of the installer for FR2 for AIX (MF UNIX 1.2). You're not the only one who's confused!

I tried installing it via SMIT yesterday, and it was flawless. However, that was on a clean machine.

I have never seen that error - but I may be able to track down someone that has. Might take me a day or two...

We have been battling this one for just over two weeks. We do have a Citrix call logged for this but the call was only logged two days ago. All other channels have produced nothing.

So if you can find out something that would be fanTAStic! Thanks.

I've cleared up the 1.2/FR2 business - they are definitely the same thing.

And you can only install 1.2 on AIX 5.2. In your case, it would appear you've installed 1.0/1.1 and done an upgrade.

Try removing MetaFrame completely (including ALL the files it leaves behind) and installing 1.2 alone. You should only need licenses for 1.0 (base) and 1.2, as with the Windows version, but you should not need to install 1.0.

Still trying to get more information...

Hi CitrixEngineer

We don't have a clean copy of 1.2 (I don't think). We installed Citrix.Metaframe.1.1.0.0.bff and Citrix.Metaframe.1.1.3.0.bff at the same time through SMIT. Are you saying we should only have installed 1.1.3.0?

Either way we have resolved our two major issues. The first related to the ICA32 client failing to open a screen after connecting. This turned out to be a missing ibm850 font directory. Removed the entry in the ctxXtw.sh file. ICA32 can now open a X-Windows DESKTOP screen.

Second, the cytxibrowser CTX01310E and CTX0110E errors were caused by the AIX NIC being bound to the same subnet, as en0 and et0, and this caused the browser to fail finding to the second definition. Once et0 was desabled the browser loads fine.

I'm still confused about the install sequence and the licenses. I'm hoping now that the order has gone in and our official license are on there way this will clear things up.

Thank you for all your help.

Regards
Oliver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back