Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Citrix XPe /Win2K Profile problem?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OzDog

MIS
Jan 10, 2002
GB
Hi all,

I have 4 Win2K SP3 servers with Metaframe XPe Fr2/SP2 installed in a test environment. All seems to be working OK, published desktops/apps etc. I have just found a very annoying problem, and am wondering if anyone else has seen it (or could check it out on their systems?).

It seems that whenever I establish 2 connections to one server (via published applications or direct to server), the second one fails to map the home drive, or run the Windows logon script.

This is happening on all the servers I have, regardless of which Published app/desktop.

For example, Server Test01 has 2 published applications, Test01_Solitaire (runs sol.exe) and Test01_PubDTop (plain old desktop). If I connect to Test01_Solitaire first, and then Test01_PubDTop, the desktop will load, but will be incomplete. No mapped network drives, including home drive.

The applications (such as Outlook) seem to run OK, but when they need to access a Network drive (like for Personal Folders) they can't. The first session works perfectly.

Have tried the same thing on our NT4, MF 1.8 farm, and it works fine.

I have also enabled direct connections via ICA-TCP, but same result.

Has anyone seen anything like this? Cheers,
Sam

Please let members know if you found their posts helpful.

^^ bump ^^
Hello?? Anyone?? Cheers,
Sam

Hi,

Are there any limmitations set on the shares (shared folders)? for example the homeshare with max one concurrent connection.

Just a guess....

Regards, Ferdinand

No, as I said, this all works fine on current NT4, MF1.8 Servers (they access the same servers to retrieve profiles etc).

Cheers,
Sam

I'm having the same problem and have called Citrix Support on this. I'll try to find my way back to this thread when I discover the fix.

However, when I connect to the server via a Terminal Server connection - no problem, it maps the profile and assigned Home directory. But through NFuse, it does not work.

Wrekit...

Session Sharing??

What's that?
Cheers,
Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back