Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Citrix Server Internet Access affects GP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deankn

IS-IT--Management
Feb 22, 2003
US
I disabled ie internet access on a citrix/term server by editing group policy and inserting a bogus proxy server in the ie settings. Didn't seem to have any issues when I made the change, but GP has gradually been getting slower and slower starting to the point where you could sit for a minute or so before the window to select the company would come up. AFter taking out the bogus proxy server settings GP seems to start normally. Anyone have any idea why, or have a good way to disable internet access on a terminal server?

What version? If GP10 or GP2010 i would guess it is because when you launch Great Plains and you have the Connect option set for the Home page it is trying to access the internet and/or if you have any shortcuts that are pointing to Web pages.

It is GP 10 - perhaps that is the problem, although we have no external links in the GP home pages, and it could take minutes even before the login window would come up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back