Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Citrix Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberAngel216

Technical User
Apr 7, 2008
US

Hi All,

I have a few questions with Citrix and I hope my new friends in Tek Tips can help. My questions are:
1. What are the key components for a Citrix farm?
2. What will happen if the Data Store for Citrix is
corrupted or deleted?
3. Can I run reports on the performance of Citrix and if
so, how? Can I view these reports on a web page?
3. What are some good troubleshooting skills in Citrix?

Thank you in advance my new found friends. :)

-CyberAngel216

Oh only the basics then huh? [smile]

Key components are a data store, and apps server a license server and a web server, money constraints can make them all the same machine.

Unless you have a backup you are stuffed. Hoevwer its not that big a deal in a small server environment, pain, but no major effup.

If you want reports go for Enterprisse edition and get resouce manager. (Emd of)

Haha, yeah right, well trouble shooting is File mon and regmon, and years of experience understanding how apps programmers work. Lucky I was one eh?

[blue] A perspective from the other side!![/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Scott,

Thank you for your reply. Do you know if the datastore is corrupt or offline will Citrix users be able to log into the Citrix server. I know the IMA service won't start but I don't know if users will be able to log in.

Thanks dude!

-CyberAngel216

Yes for a period of 96 hours they will be able to log in. After that you had better have the data store back or they wont be able to get back in.

[blue] A perspective from the other side!![/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back