Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Citrix on Exchange 2000 Box??

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgl3775

IS-IT--Management
Dec 18, 2001
We are coming in behind a previous VAR who has loaded Citrix on an Exchange Server. Any thoughts on this practice good or bad? Any environments where this has been done successfully...what are the challenges? Thanks in advance for input.

Hi bgl3775

I've never seen Exchange and Citrix on 1 box, but I would say that running Citrix on an Exchange should only be done in a smaller environment, where you need things on the same server.
I would expect Exchange to go down in performance, when running Citrix, but if you only have a few users that could be acceptable.

If you don't like it, a moving of Exchange is pretty simple, depending on your experience with Exchange

I hope it helps, and if not, try to post more information about the solution (# users on Exchange and/or Citrix, server spec's etc.).

Best regards,
Yamamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back