Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Citrix Not adding Local Printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZO900

IS-IT--Management
Dec 22, 2003
US
Techs to the rescue! I'm having a problem with the Citrix server not auto creating the local default printer. It was working last weekend. Had to uninstall TS over the weekend and reinstall it. Any ideas?

Are you getting any errors in your event logs? In particular, has the driver been installed on the server?

Good Luck.

There are information in the event viewer about printers installed, but we did not install any printers during this course of action.

Erik, will this hot fix work for server 2000?

Service pak 4 should solve my problem Erik?

"After doing a clean FR3 installation, it has been reported, that local autocreated printing does not work; only network printers do.Either the new FR3 media is not 100% functional after installation, or people install the SP3 after installing FR3 which downgrades the level to FR0. You can check this in the CMC, by checking the FR level, which is set to 0 instead of 3.

To get things up and running 100% on a clean FR3 installation, check the following:
- The FR level of the server in the CMC, MUST be set on FR3
- The FR3 licenses must be installed, and activated
- The client must run at least citrix version 7."

This also comes off the website. So additional explaination.

Erik

Erik, I was thinking. When we reinstalled TS could it have rewritten some dll for the printing and if so, would reloading the FR2 fix the problem?

I dont think TS would have rewritten the dll's used for printing, but it was a good idea. any luck with the hot fix.?

Check the winnt\system32\spool\printers folder on the server. Delete out any files in there, they are all temporary anyway. This has caused us problems with our auto-creation in the past. Emptying the folder has solved them.

Have you looked is the TS settings (start->apps->admin tools-> terminal services configuration)

You should see RDP and ICA protocals displayed. Under ICA look propertise to see whether connect client printers at login is checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back