Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Citrix Newbie: NFUSE 1.61 error on MF1.8-Win2K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobalt2112

Programmer
Oct 14, 2002
US
Hi Gang,

I just downloaded and installed nFuse 1.61 (will try 1.7 if suggested) I have about 4 published applications on my Windows 2000 Citrix server. However, when I go to the nFuse default page, I get the following error. I know what an ASP-500 error is, but I do not know why nFuse is passing it on to me? Is there something missing on my part?

"There was an error generating the app list:
The Citrix Server sent HTTP headers indicating an error occurred. 500 Server Error"

Can you tell us a bit more about your infrastructure. How are the citrix servers connected to the Internetserver. Which Internetserver are you using (IIS 5 ?) Are you using a firewall ? Are people connecting over the internet or are you using an internal Lan ?

OK, here goes...

Production Environment:
1 dedicated IIS for NFUSE (Win2000 SP2)
6 dedicated Citrix Servers (Win2000 2K SP1+SRP)

Test Environment
1 dedicated Citrix Server (Win2000 SP2)
1 shared IIS Server/Citrix Server (Win2000 SP2)*where issue is*

All applications will be used in a Intranet environment, and the clients will use Citrix ICA Web Client v6.3.1050

All servers (except test env) have 2 nics & raid 5

Running IIS and Citrix on one server is not a nice solution however sometimes it's all you have.
You say that you have problems on the testserver. Unfortunately is my knowledge of IIS not so good so I do not know what impact there is if you place IIS, NFuse and Citrix on the same server. Maybe somebody else who is more into IIS has an answer.

It seems that the NFuse site is having problems connecting to the Citrix server.

Question 1.
Are you using SSL Relay or no?

Question 2.
Is your nfus.conf file configured properly with the right citrix server address and the correct port with which to talk to the Citrix server.

Also what verison of Citrix are you using XP?

Answer 1.
We are not using SSL Relay

Answer 2.
I haven't touched the nfus.conf file. We are using Citrix Metaframe 1.8 SP3 for Windows 2000

Ok,
When installing IIS and Citrix on the same server the port 80 is being shared by both applications which isnt that great, although it can be done. I would try changing the port that citrix uses for its XML service and then adjust the nfuse.conf file accordingly, if that works then you know that its a problem with the IIS and Citrix on the same box.

You know, I gave up on 1.61... Got NFUSE 1.7 from an XPe pack. Will try it today and post a progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back