Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Citrix Metaframe XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean0301

IS-IT--Management
Oct 29, 2004
US
I have a metaframe XP FR3 SP4 server with Windows 2003 SP1 installed. The issue that I am having is that when I publish Apps and try to connect to them the IMA service stops. I can restart the service but no matter what program I publish or what I try I cannot get the IMA service to stay running it stops as soon as the client tries to connect. Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated.
FYI--I can connect to the desktop of the server both with Terminal Services and Citrix just cannot get o published APPS

access the ima service, force it to logon to a domain admin account instead of the local system account.

If I add the domain administrator account to the service the service will not start. I get an error message that states it could not start IMA service on local computer. it gives the service specific error code of -2147483635

I was able to get the IMA service started under the domain administrators credentials but the IMA service still stops as soon as I try to connect to a published application.

make sure the "citrix sma services" is also started

Thnks for the response I really appreciate the help. I dont see a citrix sma service available.

Look for "Citrix" and you should see "citrix sma service

I did run the DScheck. I finally solved the problem by reapplying the hotfix rollup from Citrix not using the batchfile that they provide. Thanks for all the help I appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back