Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Citrix Metaframe Printing Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuddsBill

IS-IT--Management
Feb 22, 2006
GB
User of Citrix Metaframe XP v1...having problems caused by remote printers that are auto-mapped at use login.

When the remote printer (mostly HP inkjets) are auto-created they can only print in mono not colour. This is very odd as they work perfectly well otherise. Must be a printer driver issue??

Anyone got any ideas on this?

Any help VERY much appreciated!

<back to the bloody manuals!>

Cheers

PS4 has a new citrix universal driver. dunno whether you can download and install. otherwise install the HP inkjets on the server. Just a suggestion.

To get HP inkjets to print color on my XPe server I had to install the specific driver on the server and map it through the console to the driver the server thought it was using upon auto creation. I usually stuck all inkjets to the default "HP Deskjet" driver and that seemed to work normally.

Check that... re-read your post and it is printing, just not correctly... still worth looking into though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back