Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Citrix License Warning Notice

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwhall51

IS-IT--Management
Oct 30, 2001
I have a new 2003 server with MetaFrame XP loaded. I have activated all the licenses but I keep getting the following error. Warning! The following Citrix product is installed but has no licenses: MetaFrame XP 1.0 for Windows, Feature Release 3. Bla, Bla, Bla, Bla.... Under the Managemednt console you can see that I have activated the MetaFrame XP. So why does it not see that?

make sure you have both the connection and product licenses for everything and it is activated

make sure you have the right "product code" for your version of Metaframe XP

Make sure you have the right feature release level selected for the citrix servers.

Citrix includes only the basic FR0 codes with their media when you buy it new.
Since the default install, set's it to FR3, you need the keys.
Go to register your licenses, and then select "full subscription advantage"
You will then get the FR3 keys you need.

Free citrixprinting support

That bit me in the butt too... What i didn't know is that you have to "fullfill the licenses" before everything works fine. You can find it in mycitrix.com, just not sure where anymore.

Citrix is getting worse than microsoft for the hoops that you need to jump thru in order to use the software.

~ K.I.S.S - Don't make it any more complex than it has to be ~

In addition to comments above, even with upgraded products need to have the licences added for original product and any upgraded product.
If really desparate, send a screen shot of your Licence View to Citrix Support, I have found them helpful in the past for just this issue. They should tell you if there is anything missing.

Thanks for all the help! All is good now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back