Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Citrix issuing temporary licences?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

STU1979

Technical User
Mar 5, 2002
GB
have recently introduced a new presentation server into a citrix farm and its been working fine for a while. Recently users has been getting messages saying that there terminal services licence is due to expire in x days. It has now and many people can not log on. I have looked through the Windows 'Terminal Services Licencing' and I can see lots of temporary licences that it has issued and the dates they are due to expire. Problems is that some already have!

Should citrix be issuing temporary licences? Or should it be updating the licence each time the user logs on?

STU1979,
This is not a Citrix license issue.
This is a Windows Terminal Server license issue.

If you do not point your terminal server to your terminal license server....the server will issue temp licenses which will expire and eventually your server will not allow connections.

Please make sure that you add the necessary registry keys to point to your terminal license server.
Also, make sure that you have your license mode the same as your terminal license server (ie..per user or per device).

Once you have added the registry keys to point it to your terminal license server.....your users will receive a permanent license. You might have to delete the tscal from the local client (which means deleting the Store registry key).

Hope that helps.

Thanks for you reponse. I am looking into the Windows TS and it looks as though you are right! What are the registry keys that I need to modify?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back