Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Citrix + Group Policy Printers Slow Login

Status
Not open for further replies.

thec0dy

IS-IT--Management
Apr 16, 2010
US
I have a bunch of facilities who all print to different printers for their facility. I have security groups setup for the printers. I want to have users who login to citrix have printers automatically assigned to them from the printer server instead of them manually adding them to store in their user profile.

I created printers in the Group Policy Printers under Under User Settings / Control Panel and assigned a security group for each facility to get the certain printers they need. Now testing this out on a Server 2008 x64 (XenApp 5) using the HP Universal Printer Driver v5.1 it tends to hang on the screen saying applying group policy printers. It takes about 1-4 minutes before it connects to the applications. The printers do get mapped though. The server does have the correct driver for the printers as well. My question is why does it take so long? I have the group policy set to update the printer if there are changes. I can maybe see it taking that long the first time, but after that it should be fast. Has anyone deployed printers to users in Citrix for specific groups?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back