Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Citrix File Association Works... BUT...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LinuXelite

Programmer
Jun 21, 2002
CA
Hi

I have Citrix MetaFrame XP and I set up file association. Like this:
"%Program Files%\Citrix\ICA Client\PN.EXE" /PN "FarmName" /APP "Winword" /PARAM "%1"

It works well. Great. BUT... there is always a little problem with computer... informaticians know that :eek:)

When one of my user click on the "WORD" ICA shortcut, it opens Word. But Word complains that :
"Filename or folder of the document is not valid. ()"

Like Word try to open "%*" or just ''.

Any idea?

Frank.

Does not work.

Winword complains:

Cannot open this file
Verify that the document has a .DOC extension
(O:\Program Files\...\Office\%%1.doc)

If I use %*, the file association on the client's machine work but when you open word "alone", with an empty document (default), it complains that he can't find the file %*.doc.

My citrix config looks like this (Application location):
"o:\program files\blah\windord.exe" "%*"

Still looking... I miss the simplicity of Linux (and the liberty) ;o)

Frank.

Is this a new installation of Office2000....???...or an upgrade from Office97....???

We recently had a problem with an Office upgrade and ended up with what sounds like a similar problem, when Word or Excel was trying to open documents it would "split" the path if there were spaces in it....

e:\group\folder name1\file name1.doc

For some reason Word tried to read a filename at each space...e:\group\folder and then name1\file etc.....It gave an error similar to what you are seeing......

The only solution we were able to find was to recreate each user profile, I presume there was a conflict between the original installation of Office97 and the "new" Office2000 installation.....possibly because of file associations...????!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back