Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Citrix Date Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

WalleyeGuy

Technical User
Oct 18, 2007
US
Having problems with the date format on our Citrix Server

Problem Details:
Office Apps are not using the System Default Date Format.
Regional Options show English (United States) as the locale - dddd, MMMM dd, yyyy as the long date format and that's what we want. However, when you use Word or Excel it keeps defaulting to English UK settings
E.g Thursday, 10 January 2008

This only seems to be affecting MS Office though

Setup:
Windows 2000 SP4 Server
Citrix Metaframe XP FR3
MS Office Professional 2003 SP2

Recent Changes to System:
Server was in an NT4 domain and was just migrated to an Active Directory Domain. Users are still logging in with their NT4 domain credentials though (problem still exists when I login with my AD credentials).

Things I have checked:
Regional Settings
Registry Setting (HKCU/International)
Any ideas?

WalleyeGuy,
When you installed Office on the citrix servers, did you use any transform files with that setup?

You can set all of the language options and other specific options for the Office setup with a transform file so it will be a global change instead of a per user change.

I would set a side a Citrix server and create a transform file to test out a solution. Create your transform file (with the ORK tools) with all of your preferences, run setup.exe transforms = transform file and then test it out.

Hope that helps.

I didn't build the server, I've just recently started here. Hired on with purposes of updating them. However, I can say, that I don't believe that they used any of the tools from the Office Resource Kit (don't seem to find any mst or ops files anywhere, except where I've created them).

Maybe they played around with or over-wrote the Default Profile? In Regedit, Load Hive, browse to the NTUSER.DAT file in the "Default User" profile, and have a look at the regional settings in there. Don't forget to unload the hive.

That, or they've created a custom GPO that does that?

eric@stepneymarsh.com
Stepney Marsh Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back