Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Citrix Connection Problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xyz1213

Technical User
May 7, 2002
US
Hi,

We have Citrix Metaframe XP on Win2k at HQ behind a PIX. Our remote office is using ICA32 to connect over VPN, behind Cisco router. The problem is the conncection sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. But when it doesn't work, the client still logs on except, it gets a blue screen with no icons. When checking the Citrix server, it shows the client logged on. This is happening with everyone. Also sometimes the printers disappear too. Any ideas? Thanks.

There are alot of things to look for. I would bet you updated to sp4 or did a few security patches. Search this forum for KB824309. There is a bug in a security patch that causes this behavior.

Also, make sure your users have permission to the profiles.

You will need to call MS for the patch.

Also check for the presence of prf*.tmp files in the profile which can't be copied to the Citrix server.

How do you get rid of or prevent those prf*.tmp files?! Every now and then I have some users that when they are logging of, the system tells them that it can't finish copying their profile because there is a file open, a prf*.tmp file. If the user tries to log back on that same day, the system will give them a temporary profile. Some of the users are ware of this issue and they deal with it, but, it is such a pain, I which there was a way to prevent it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back