Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Citrix Client Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

snootalope

IS-IT--Management
Jun 28, 2001
US
All of our users use the web client version of ICA for logging on through our Presentation Server 4 Web Interface. All of them work just fine, except one.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the new ICA msi package from Citrix a dozen times. Each time I uninstalled it I searched for old citrix files still on the machine as well as the registry. All gone. Followed by a clean reinstall. Rebooted each time to.

So, when this users goes to connect to our Web Interface, they log in just fine, see the icon for launching our published desktop, it starts to load "looking up applications...etc etc" and then bam:

An unknown error occured. The version of the citrix ica client you currently have installed cannot interpret the error. install the lastest version of the client or contact your citrix adminitrator and report error 1000061.

This is the only person getting this error. Windows XP SP2, current updates (other than SP3). I'm out of ideas here... anyone got any clues? Oh, it's IE6 as well, not IE7.

Thanks for any help!

Does the user have local Admin rights on the PC?

I have come accross the problem before where the user does not have rights to download the launch.ica file to the temp internet files dir. and fails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back