Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Citrix Client Crashes Win XP when MAS 90 Lookup feature is used 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stonefly

IS-IT--Management
Jul 16, 2003
US
My client is running a Citrix XP Server (v 3.7) on a Win2k Server SP1, with MAS90 on a domain controller/file server. Remote users Use the Citrix to run MAS 90 (local users run the MAS90 Client on their local machines). THe Citrix Server has 1 GB of RAM and is only used to run the MAS90 Client. It serves no additional function.

When users click on the "lookup" button in various modules, especially the customer lookup, it repeatedly crashes their entire machine (system reboots immediately. The problem is fairly consistant although not guaranteed. The users are running Windows XP (this is a new client, and I will be rolling out SP1 next week). It is not isolated to a particular user and does not appear to make any useful log entries in the application or system logs.

Ocasionally, immediately following one user's crash other users report being disconnected from their Citrix session.

Has anyone experienced similar problems? I'm new to Citrix and MAS90, so I'm starting from scratch. Any help is much aprreciated.

Elliott Wood

I've seen this issue. It is actually a problem with the version of PVX (the language MAS90 is based in) and Windows.. I've seen this exact behavior of MAS90 3.71 and WinXP Tablet. It's going to take a later revision of the PVX language to correct -- you'll probably have to update to MAS90 4.0 (it should be released this fall) to resolve..

Just did an install to to Citrix Metaframe client, no problem. WinNT clients and Win2K clients. Is it possible to upgrade to Metaframe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back