Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Citrix - Autocreated printers - Clients can't print

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDLeinad

Technical User
May 19, 2004
DE
Hello,

i'm having a problem with citrix, and can't find any soution for it so i thought, maybe someone here might know what to do.

We are using Citrix XP 1.0, SP3, all patches installed. The problem we have is, that the clients can't print on their autocreated printers.

Doesn't matter what application is used, even the standard test page won't work. Drivers and everything is correct. No error message is displayed either.
The document is just listed in the printer queue on the server stated as 'printing'. The printjob doesn't even get send to the client station..

Every help is apreciated

We're using Windows 2003 Server (it worked with 2000 tho)

regards

daniel

Is the universal print driver in Citrix set to PCL 4?
Are the auto created printers specific to a users desktop on the Citrix Server?
And, have you set the printers 'not to spool' but have the clients print directly to printer?

we are having the same issues with 2003 server.. we found out by running some vb script that enumerateded the print queues that citrix is internally mapping them wrong..

instead of client\anon00000000000#\\\server\queue
it is now
client/anon00000000000#///server/queue
the queue looks fine but nothing prints..

with the slashes reversed windows cant resolve the names properly..

we have been unable to find anyone to solve the problem.

I've a similar problem with clients autocreated printers and solved that installing the printer in the server with the right driver in that way the printer doesn't needs to be autocreated it is always there.
But if you have Novell you'll problem is bigger because when some users logged in, a login screen remain in the screen server and the other users wont be able to print till this screen is cleared by hiting on Cancel,if somebody has this same problem and have a solution I'll be hapy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back